Tuesday already.
Alan got us to sit in a circle today, and since today is group 1 and 2's consultation day,
we formed 2 circles.
We were told to discuss about gantt charts, and why they were important.
Other than that, we also had to discuss about any questions we might have regarding our P3 animation project.
We are already 2 weeks into the block and all we have are character designs and a storyboard!
Oh no.
So in our circle, we shared how we were going to embark on our project and what style we are approaching it with.
I think i am doing mine in flash, since Fairly Odd Parents has the flash feel.
Alan further told us about how Gantt charts are important in the industry because Gantt charts help us to keep track of what we are doing, and not waste money and time when we are in the industry doing projects that have strict deadlines and angry bosses.
Alan told us that none of any of the class' storyboard is finished, and all of us are to do up one before we do our animatics.
So we are expected to do a new storyboard, and create our own gantt chart.
Then Alan explained about how when we chart our work in the gantt chart, we need not do the scene in linear sequence, but rather we should do them starting with an easy scene first, then a hard scene, then maybe the last scene or so.
He reasoned that if we did it linearly, and when we dont have time, we will rush the last scenes, and that will cause our animation to end on a bad looking scene which is not what we want.
So, I think I should start doing my gantt chart and also doing up a new storyboard digitally.
I think i will use my pen tablet at home to do my storyboard. I also need to do my animatics right after that, so I can guage the length of my animation and visualise the whole animation.
Oh no.
So much work to do.
Thinking about all the work, like storyboarding, animatics, line drawing, Keyframing, In-betweening, Colouring, Finding sound effects, Find voice over casts, actually doing the voice over, compiling everything, etc. is so overwhelming.
I think this project is going to be a hectic one.
Oh, this morning I did my character profiling, and yesterday I edited my storyboard to add in the last bit with the *pop* sound and the baby crying in the background.
All I did was add 1 shot and I let the sound effects do the rest.
Earlier just now Alan talked about cheating, and that is what I am doing.
Cheating, but getting the same effect.
Alan calls it "Working smart".
I agree with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment